Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Early works















We wanted to display some of our collectibles, so I
made this corner hutch.















The Marine Corps League had more rifles than they
could secure, so I made this rifle rack for them. I added
a wrought iron gate that locks over the front.















Next is a cradle I made for Scott's son Hunter.
Unfortunately, I was so concerned about making
it tip-proof, that the rockers wouldn't fit through
the nursery door.















Below is the game table I made for Cousin Candy Williams as a housewarming gift. When I was applying the finish, it was sanded off and reapplied four times. Finally, the 5th coat of finish was exactly what I wanted. I left it to dry while I ate dinner and when I returned, I was horrified to discover a moth had landed right in the middle of the table and became stuck in the finish.

Nothing to do but sand it all off and reapply it again!















The next is a patio set I made for Scott and Lindsay.
















No comments: