Friday, December 5, 2008

Peggy is close to her goal

Peggy is almost finished with her preceptorship, having only a couple more days to work in the hospital. She says it has been a great experience and she loves the teaching style and personality of her Preceptor Nurse.

December 17th is the day she receives her pin and we have family coming from all over the country to help her celebrate. Her brothers Steve and Rob are coming with their wives, my brother Jim is coming, as is my son Scott and his family. A big treat for me will be the visit from my Mother and my sister Marlene and her husband Denny. Mom is now 92 years old, but will still put up with all the travel challenges to see Peg graduate!

After getting a severe upper respiratory infection, I've had to stay away from working in my shop since the first week of November. I'm chomping at the bit to get back in there and working again. I've almost got it kicked, so maybe in the next week or so, I can. Curbing my 50 year smoking habit has probably had much to do with the recovery as anything. Hopefully I can stay on the program and eventually kick that as well.

No comments: